Monday, January 4, 2010

Catching up with Keith Clark

Yes, the "Moose" is alive and well and enjoying his time in L.A. Visiting with the former Tulsa 66er after his team lost a 113-111 contest to the Maine Red Claws, Clark was just as personable and bubbly as ever. Here's our conversation...

So were you surprised when you were told you'd been traded?
Clark: Oh man. That was one of the most shocking calls I've ever had in my life. Coach called me and said they had made a trade and I was involved. I never thought I'd be leaving Tulsa that early. After I was told I'd been traded, I had to pack up my stuff and get on the road so I could get to L.A. in time for their next game.

And how has the reception been for you in L.A.?
Clark: It's been great. The guys have taken me in and they're talking to me, helping me out with the plays and offense. They're being like brothers to me.

Speaking of the offense, what is it like learning the triangle offense?
Clark (laughing): Learning the triangle has been one of the hardest things I've ever gone through mentally. It's hard to know where to go and where you're supposed to be, but I am getting used to it and my teammates are helping me with it as well.

How are you liking L.A. overall?
Clark: The weather's nice. I've been just trying to fit in and get a feel for everyone. It's been great. I'm happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment